Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hawks Can Talk?

So I'm in a certain class where public speaking is the main focus, so one would think a requirement of that class would be the full ability to speak English...apparently not.

We had our first speech today and everything was going fine: some people made me laugh, some made me feel bad about myself, and some just made me feel h'awkward, like this one Asian girl.

She was called up to make her speech, but was apparently confused by the assignment because she attempted to do a power point.  And then was thoroughly confused when the section leader wouldn't let her use a power point...for her speech...


Fast forward 5 minutes, and this Asian is in the middle of her speech,and no one has any idea what she is saying.  I am sure it was some form of English though because once in a while she would reference to pictures that I'm assuming would have been on her power point. At one point she tried to get creative and make her speech "interactive" it went a little like this...

Her: "Do anyone know?" "Anyone?" "No? Nobody know?"
2 guys in the front of class: "No! We don't know!'
Her: "IT MEEEE!"

Don't know what her speech was about but I really enjoyed class today.

No comments:

Post a Comment